Monday, October 27, 2008

on Don Quixote 2

I don't know why I called my last blog 4 because it was actually 2. Anyhoo, the passage that struck me recently was on 215 when the priest and the barber first hear Dorotea singing. She sings beautifully and they are both awestruck by listening to her. It says, "The hour, the weather, the solitude, the voice, and the skill of the one who was singing caused both wonder and pleasure in the two who were listening, and they remained quiet, hoping they would hear more." Immediately I thought of Idea of Order at Key West. Even though its a guy singing, I thought it sounded very similar to the poem because the audience is raptured by his song, and it mentions his solitude and voice. All these things are in the poem and the book. It may not be much of a connection, but it struck me almost immediately when I read it.

No comments: