Tuesday, December 2, 2008

on 3rd round of apologies

I was in the second and there were very few people there so I don't feel the need to blog on it, those who were there know what the rest of the class missed.

Ji-won made a great point that I had never really considered before. She said how lucky we are because almost everything is translated into English. I had never thought of this but it is so true. We are completely spoiled, we have such a selection of books to read, regardless of what language they were originally written in. I began to consider some of my favorite books and they contain DQ, 100 years of solitude, love in the time of cholera, crime and punishment, and obviously the Bible. all of these are translations, and I doubt all of them are available in Korean or many other languages, yet I have access to all of them. That really surprised me to think about that, I suppose I have always just taken it for granted that so many books are translated to English.
P.s.- Ji-won speaks much better english than many of my friends, good work, bravo

No comments: