Tuesday, December 2, 2008

on Don Quixote 8

I WILL FINISH THIS BOOK. I'm still going to blog on Don Quixote because I'm still reading it and I find it relates to just about everything, not just stuff we've talked about in class. On page 708 the Countess Trifaldi says "I have believed that from virtuous and harmonious republics poets must be banished, as Plato advised" and when I read that I was like, "WOW". It was so cool to see how something we specifically talked about in class without even mentioning its connection to DQ could come up in the book too. Tons of things went through my head-- how its almost creepy it is that some of things we've discussed in class are coming up in almost everything i read now, how it gets more and more obvious everytime i read DQ why we chose to read this book in a literary criticism class, how intertextuality is alive and well, etc. I definately agree that the second half of the book is better, but it almost might be because Im reading it with a better understanding than I did the first part. I bet if I went back and read part 1 again I would catch a lot more things.

No comments: